- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey (I recommend this raw honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (I recommend this coconut butter)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I recommend this oatmeal)
- 2 Tbsp. protein powder (I recommend this protein)
- 1/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is my brand of choice)
- Place dates and almonds in a Vitamix or food processor and mix until small bits remain and they form a ball. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add oats, protein powder, and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking down the dates so they disperse fairly evenly throughout the ingredients. You might have small chunks, but that OK.
- Warm honey and coconut butter in a small saucepan and pour over dry ingredients. Stir quickly to evenly coat. The chocolate chips will get a little melty.
- Transfer to a 8×8 pan lined (like this one) with parchment paper (or coat with coconut oil) and use your hands to form the mixture into a tight square (keeping in mind you want them about 1/2 thick and you’ll cut them into 12-16 bars).
- Still covered, pop them into the fridge to set for 15-30 minutes. Remove and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge to keep fresh, or in the freezer for longer term storage.