- 1 cup red or yellow lentils
- 1 beet, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 3/4 cups water and lentils to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until lentils are cooked through and no water is left. Set aside to cool.
- While lentils cook, toss beet and carrot with butter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Arrange vegetables in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine scallions, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice with beets, carrots, and lentils. Garnish with additional parsley.