Coconut Flour English Muffins

Coconut Flour English Muffins_700x366

Oh how I love thee coconut flour. Your dry, low starch ways of making my baking life difficult with breads and the like…

This is my 3rd attempt at English Muffins ONLY using coconut flour and these were about a 90% success. The other 10% is going to come from finding a way to get tiny muffin tops on BOTH sides. Probably English muffin molds, but I’ll stick to Mason Jar lids for now…

Who do you think I am, Martha Stewart? BAM!

These gluten-free coconut flour English muffins were actually MUCH easier to make than my other failed attempts that I won’t mention again (or cry myself to sleep over anymore). Bake time was about 10 minutes at 375°, prep less than 10.

You’ll need room temperature grass-fed butter (yup butter eats ONLY grass; I use Kerry Gold), which I’m letting you know early in case you don’t randomly have butter sitting on the counter.

I also use Great Lakes Gelatin, which is NOT a necessary ingredient here, but it helps with holding the muffin together, this is the equivalent of the gums (guar, xanthum, cellulose), which I recommend staying away from as much as you can. If you don’t have it, don’t put it in and you should be FINE.

Coconut flour English muffins might not look like the traditional English muffin, but it tastes just as good and perhaps, uniquely better, but most of all is WAY healthier.

If you have English muffin molds, you can use them, if not and you want to be fancy like me, use Mason jar lids, like the one pictured above. Once the batter is complete, all you will do is pour the batter in the lid on a greased cookie sheet.

 

Paleo-Friendly English Muffins

Makes 8 Muffins

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Bake Time: 10 minutes

EATgredients:

Dry:

  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 1/8 cup potato starch
  • 1 Tbsp. gelatin
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda

Wet:

  • 4 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, ,melted
  • 3 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
  • ¼ cup coconut milk, full fat
  • 2 Tbsp. honey, raw

Steps to crEATe:

1.)    Heat oven to 375°. Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil. Grease the insides of 8 Mason jar lids with coconut oil, place then bottom up on the cookie sheet. Set aside.

2.)    Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Set aside.

3.)    Whisk eggs for 1 minute. Cream butter in small bowl with a fork. Melt coconut oil.

4.)    Add all wet ingredients to dry (don’t forget the honey)! Mix well making sure all flour is dissolved, if for some reason the butter is still in small chunks, no worries, it will melt in the oven.

5.)    Scoop even amounts of batter in the Mason lids, spread evenly to make level muffins.

6.)    Bake for 8-10 minutes. I said 10 minutes, before, but it CAN be less.

Leave a Reply

You might also like...