- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Possible Serving Methods
- Open-faced on 1/2 gluten-free hamburger bun
- On a bed of spinach
- On a portabella mushroom
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands or a fork to mash beans and thoroughly mix. (This should form a paste-like mixture that is easy to shape into patties.)
- Divide mixture into ball, and form patty to 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium oven-safe saucepan over high eat, cook patties in 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the saucepan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve patties on gluten-free bun or over fresh greens with desired toppings.