I LOVE these pancakes! It is so easy to associate the act of indulging when you think of a pancake breakfast. But let me tell you — it doesn’t have to be that way! When you play it smart and choose ingredients that promote your health — you can have a pancake breakfast and walk away from the table feeling guilt FREE.
There’s nothing complicated about these little gems. They’re simply sweetened with banana. They’re light, fluffy, and easy to whip up. Of course, the common procedure in eating pancakes is to drown them in maple syrup. But you’re a fit woman, remember, and you can do better than THAT! Dare to be different and indulge in the simplicity of these. Consider topping your stack of pancakes with some grass-fed butter, some sliced bananas, and a little extra dash of cinnamon. You could also add some chopped nuts…or maybe some melted coconut butter. Or, you could be like me and top the whole mess of pancakes with three strips of bacon. Yes, I actually did that.
Keep it smart; make sure to MOVE your body today, and take comfort in knowing that a fit woman has a place in the lovely world of pancakes!
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk (grass-fed or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- coconut oil for frying
- Add the sliced bananas, eggs, vanilla, and milk to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the ground cinnamon and coconut flour. Process again until everything is well combined.
- Melt some coconut oil in a small skillet/griddle over medium heat. Cook each pancake until you notice it is slightly brown on the edges and air bubbles have popped on the top. Flip each pancake and cook another minute or so.
- Work in batches until all pancakes have been cooked, or — you can cook a few at a time and store the pancake batter in the refrigerator for a few days.
If you enjoyed this recipe you’ll LOVE the recipes inside the Healthy Fat Loss Inner Circle. Enter your e-mail address below for more details on how to claim your 7-Day FREE Trial.