Recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Oat Protein Granola Bars
- 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (This is the one I recommend)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (This is the one I recommend)
- ½ cup protein powder (This is the one I recommend)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (This is the one I recommend)
- 2 cups oats (This is the one I recommend)
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (This is the brand I recommend)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (These are the chips I use)
- ¼ cup walnut halves/pieces
- ¼ cup chia seeds (I use these chia seeds)
2.) In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork.
3.) Begin adding all ingrediens to the bowl. Stir to combine. it may be hard to stir with a kitchen utensil. I ended up just using my hands.
4.) When everything is mixed together spread it into the prepared baking dish and flatten the top so that it is even.
5.) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, you may need to bake for a few more minutes.
6.) Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then, using a sharp knife cut into 12-16 bars.
7.) These granola bars store really well in the freezer. Simply individually wrap them in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag and remove when ready to enjoy, or store in an air tight container in the fridge.