Organic chicken can let a little pricey, but if you are a savvy healthy shopper like myself you investigate to find the best values cuts of meats.
Same goes for grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, and organic eggs.
It just so happens that chicken drumsticks are generally very affordable at $2.99 – $4.99 per pound. The only other part of an organic chicken that is cheaper are the hearts and livers, but I’ll leave that for another recipe.
The combinations for delicious chicken drumstick recipes are endless and here is one I threw together using an orange from the fruit basket.
Of course, if you like this recipes you’ll LOVE the recipes inside the Healthy Fat Loss Inner Circle with weekly gluten-free, organic meal plans with shopping list, recipes, and instructions! Click HERE to register for your 7-Day FREE Trial.
Organic Chicken Drumstick Recipe – Baked Orange Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add 1 Tbsp. grass-fed butter to ceramic or glass cooking pan.
- Sprinkle drumsticks generously with salt and pepper all over. Arrange in the pan (don’t let the pieces touch)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and rice vinegar. Pull the chicken out and baste with 1/2 of the marmalade mixture. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the chicken out again and baste with the remaining Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.